OSMS Volleyball Information
Coach Contact Info
Rachel Hand, 7th Grade Coach email@example.com
Lori Zaye, 8th Grade Coach firstname.lastname@example.org
Mandatory try-outs will be Monday, August 2nd, and Tuesday, August 3rd.
NO EXCEPTIONS! You MUST attend the first day and may be invited back to return the following days.
Try-out times: 7th grade 9:00 – 11:00 AM
8th grade 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM
- Teams will be created based on skill, attitude, coachability, discipline, communication, teamwork, and a strong work ethic; NO ONE is assumed a position on the team prior to try-outs.
- Please wear proper attire: gym shorts, t-shirt (with a number on back if possible), socks, and supportive tennis or volleyball shoes. Kneepads are recommended, but not required.
- Please do NOT wear jewelry or shoes other than tennis or volleyball shoes
- Bring plenty of water to drink during breaks
- Required paperwork MUST be completed prior to the first day of try-outs, which can be found online at https://osms.olentangy.k12.oh.us/athletics/about-sms-athletics/student-athlete-forms
- The Physician signed physical is the only paper form that will be turned in to Shanahan’s office. Everything else should be completed in Final Forms.
- Practice (mandatory) for those who make the teams will begin Wednesday, August 4th.
IMPORTANT: Making the team requires commitment, hard work, and dedication. Therefore, ALL practices are mandatory (except in emergency situations). PLEASE schedule family trips and vacations prior to try-outs and practices, as it is important and most beneficial to each player and the teams as a whole to have everyone at every practice.
- Summer camp info:
*Olentangy High School Camp: June 14th - 16th, 12:00pm - 3:00pm
*Berlin High School Camp: July 19-21, 2:30 to 4:30PM
This camp is hosted by Berlin, but facilitated by coaches from Toledo’s Premier Volleyball Academy. Please see attached registration instructions